Terms of Service
Contract Agreement & Age Restrictions
All prospective clients must read and agree to these terms of service to start the commission process.
You must be at least 18 years old to commission What's Up Hot Dog Costumes.
Quotes & Payments
Commission quotes are only valid when our quote form is open. When our commission quote form closes, that quote becomes void and you must request a new quote when our commission form opens again.
Once the costume quote is accepted the client must be prepared to provide a 30% down-payment within 24 hours to hold the commission slot. We will provide a link to our project queue to keep you updated on our progress through the queue. The remaining 70% is due when your project is next in the queue.
The commission must be paid in full before work on the costume will begin.
We currently only accept payments through PayPal checkout. If you do not have a Paypal account, you can used a debit or credit card through the Paypal Guest checkout.
Concept Art and Reference Material
We require clients to have at least one picture reference of your character in order to commission us. A full-body turnaround reference is ideal. Unless you have specified that you are interested in giving What's Up Hot Dog artistic liberty, you will not receive a quote unless we are provided with at least one picture reference. If you do not have a full body turnaround ref of the character, we have an on-site concept artist who can help create a costume appropriate design with you in our signature style. Please contact us for more information on concept art commissions.
We require a Duct Tape Dummy (DTD) for our full suit commissions. For partials and suit parts, basic measurements of the wearer may be required. The wearer’s DTD and/or body measurements must be received and approved by us before work can begin.
Completion and Deadlines
Work will not start on a commission until it is paid off completely. We will do our best to give accurate estimates of the commissions' completion but cannot guarantee any event or convention deadlines. Estimated completion dates will be based on when the commission is paid off and its' position in the commission queue. Completion dates are subject to change.
We ship from California, USA. Shipping costs are not included in the quote of any costume/parts. After the costume is completed, we will send you a separate invoice for the shipping cost.
We do ship internationally but please note that we will not mark international shipments as gifts. Please plan accordingly for your countries customs fees.
All shipments are processed through USPS unless otherwise stated.
What's Up Hot Dog is not responsible for the loss or damage of any product in transit.
Warranty and Repairs
We pride ourselves on the quality of our work. Though we ask all of our clients take extra care to regularly clean and maintain their costumes to make sure they last as long as possible, we understand that accidents happen.
All costumes come with a 60 day warranty on arrival. After the 60 days, repairs will cost a fee depending on the severity of the repairs. Clients must pay all shipping costs.
Cancellations & Commission Terminations
If you must cancel your commission, please contact us as soon as possible. Your commission will be terminated without any additional fees but any payments already made are NON-REFUNDABLE and any work completed will remain the property of What's Up Hot Dog Costumes. If at anytime during the commission process you breach the terms stated in the signed contract agreement, your commission will be terminated.
Our clients are important to us and we are here to help. If you have any issues with your costume or commission, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you for reading the terms of service!
*Also note that What's Up Hot Dog costumes are made in a pet-friendly environment and may come in contact with the suits.